Week of July 20th to July 26th
Hours:
7/20- Office Work/Planning: 4 hours
7/21- Mission's Team Meeting/Bible Study: 2 hours
7/22-Counseling: 1 hour
7/22- Community Lunch Program: 2 hours
7/22-Goodwill Run/Mentoring/Hang Out Time: 5 hours
7/26-Sunday Morning/Worship/Missions Trip: 12 hours+ (First Day of Missions Trip)
Ministry
Ministering this week involved a lot of planning and coordinating. I was still able to keep my counseling relationships amidst the busy schedule. Counseling is truly the highlight of my week. I could go into much detail about all the planning, but I think you’d all get the point. It involved making calls to parents, organizing all the documents for the trip, putting together songs & scripture for Sunday morning service, and meeting with the mission’s team. We met twice this week, once for a meeting and once for a supply/packing run to Goodwill. I am so glad that I have met once a week with the team before we went to the mission’s trip. Preparing their hearts is so crucial to a good experience on the trip.
Personal
My life this week has been extremely busy with preparing for the missions trip. Every night is packed full of getting supplies for the missions trip, meeting with the team and other regular ministry activities. I know that in these times that Satan likes to come in and pounce on my weak busy condition but I will not allow that to happen. All I have been doing is coating this trip in prayer. I know that this is nothing I can do on my own strength but God’s. It is He is doing the work through me to lead and guide others. It is He is moves hearts and melts the stone around them. What a joy it is suffer for that. As a crazy as it sounds, it’s a joy. God worked in such an incredible way on Sunday morning as it was our sending off service for the missions team. It was one of those service’s that you could not help but feel the Holy Spirit. What a blessing it is to have such a giving body of believers; Not only giving of their wealth but giving of their souls. It was a great sending off for our team. My prayer for the missions trip is that God moves in such a real way for all the youth who will be serving. It is through serving that we truly see Christ and understand that it means to be like him.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment