Monday, July 20, 2009

Report #5

Week of July 6th to 12th:

Schedule:
7/7-Missions Trip Meeting: 1.5hours
7/7-Varsity Grill Karaoke: 3.5hours
7/8-Free Lunch Program: 3 hours
7/8-Office Time:2 hours
7/8-Worship Team Bible Study: 2 hours
7/9-Mentoring/Counseling: 2 hours
7/9-12-prepare sermon: 2 hours
7/12-Sunday Service/Sunday School/Youth Group: 6 hours


Personal & Spiritual
This week was a bit difficult for me being that I was fighting off sickness. Due to my irregular sleep patterns, my body has taken a toll. Despite my physical weakness, I still must allow God minister through me.
I found strength and solace in my time of solitude and silence with God. Jesus told us that we do not live on bread alone, but on the Word of God. That is where I got my energy and empowerment to do what He has called me to do.

Ministry
Counseling Relationship
As I have said before God has given me such a passion for counseling! This week I had a difficult time of scheduling our time to meet. I know she is enjoying this time of counseling, but I sense the enemy trying to keep her as far away from this experience and time of growth as possible. That is why prayer is so crucial (as it is in all aspects of our ministry....prayer is the foundation). While I am driving to pick her up, I pray. While we are talking, I pray.

Missions Trip
As the mission trip approaches, the busier I get. The church wants us to raise as much money as possible. It seems like they want us to raise all of it. I understand as many attending the trip come from tight financial situations. I trust that God is going to provide and make a way for us all. We have one last fundraiser Monday, the 13th at East of Chicago pizza. I am hoping that will bring in the rest of our money!
Along with fund raising, I have been working on all the forms, sending them in, and preparing Bible studies for the group. This weeks meeting focused on information about the trip. Next week, we will begin our Bible study.
Janet White, missions trip leader from the other church we are teaming up with, let me know that I can pick one other student to go on the trip for free. After I gave me sermon, I felt God leading me to one student in particular. He said he had been wanting to go but did not know he would pay for it. Praise God...he is going on the trip.

Preaching
I will be leading the preaching the next couple weeks since Heath will be preaching Sunday mornings. This week I used a Nooma video to jump start my sermon. The sermon was about being a sold-out Christian...not one that just shows up every week on Sundays, but one who is pursuing God and allowing God to change them. This means, that our hearts begin to beat with God's, our passions become His passions. They all were attentive and seemed effected by what God was speaking through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment